Gisburn Road Community Primary School
for girls and boys aged 3 to 11
Book a tour
Come and see inside school
We are so proud of our Pre-school children and how quickly they have settled into their new routines. They have…
It’s heart-warming to see the children mixing together at playtimes 🥰 Our Year 6s are super role models for our…
Burnley Football Club have been working on a female bee mascot to join Bertie. They want to gather ideas from YOU and have provided the attached workbook. If you’d like to get involved please complete the workbook with your ideas and send back into school to Mrs Martin by Thursday 23rd September. If we…
Dear Parents/Carers, This Friday you will receive our first ‘Learning Talk’ from your child’s class via email or on paper. The idea of Learning Talk is to give you, as parents, a prompt for discussion about what your child has been learning in class that week. As…
DROP OFF AND COLLECTION TIMES
2 September 2021 - 22 October 2021
DROP OFF AND COLLECTION
School will open the doors from 8.45am. This will allow for a steady intake of children. The official start of the school day is 8.55am. Please ensure your child is at school by this time. Children will return to the previous routine of making their own way in (Year 2 upwards). Please DO NOT allow your child to come to school earlier than 8.45am to wait on the yard unattended.
- Nursery will open their doors from 8.45am.
- Reception children can be dropped off, from 8.45am, at their classroom door where Mrs Heaton and Mrs Snowden will be ready to greet you.
- Year 1 children can be dropped off from 8.45am. In the Autumn and Spring Term parents may accompany your child to the classroom through the Infant building front doors. Mrs Brown and Mrs Wheeler will be ready to greet you.
- Year 2 children can be dropped off from 8.45am. They will enter the Junior Building via the MAIN OFFICE entrance. Mrs Martin and Mrs Mitchell will be ready to greet them.
- Year 3 children can be dropped off from 8.45am. They will enter school via their own classroom door on the side of the Junior Building. Staff will be at the door to greet them.
- Year 4 children can be dropped off from 8.45am. They will enter school via the side corridor we call ‘the tunnel’. (located beyond the Year 3 classroom door) For the first few days Mrs Bradley and Miss Pearson will guide the children in and then they can walk themselves in independently.
- Year 5 Children can be dropped off at 8.45am. They will enter the building via the side corridor near the kitchen (as with Year 4). Mrs Whittaker and Mrs Wood will be in the classroom waiting to greet the children.
- Year 6 children can be dropped off from 8.45am. They will enter the building via the MAIN OFFICE entrance.
Once the children are in school the staff will ensure handwashing takes place.
- Nursery class to be collected at 3:15pm. Please wait in the Nursery yard and the staff will bring your child out to you.
- Reception class will be collected at 3:20pm from the yard in front of the Infant building. The staff will bring the class out.
- Year 1 will finish at 3.25pm. They can be collected from the front yard in front of the Infant building and the staff will accompany them out.
- Year 2 will finish at 3.25pm. They can be collected on the bottom yard and the staff will accompany them out.
- Year 5will finish at 3.15pm and exit from the Dam Head Road exit near Val Kenyon Florist.
- Year 3, 4, & 6 will finish at 3.20pm. They can be collected on the bottom yard and the staff will accompany them out. ONLY Year 5 and 6 pupils will be permitted to walk home alone and we do require a letter to be signed by parents, annually, before this can happen.
Yr 1 Parents in Class
20 September 2021 1:30 pm - 3:10 pm
We are very excited to be able to invite you to join us in school to help us with our History learning. The children are learning about events within our memory and next week we are taking a closer look at our own families. Please can I ask you to send a picture of your child when they were younger in to school, with their name and the date written on the back, this will help us to look at how we have changed as we have grown. On Monday 20th September in the afternoon, you are invited in to school to help your child make a family tree. There will be two sessions to limit the amount of adults within school at once. If you would like to join us, please return the slip to state which session is your preferred time.
Please return the slip by Thursday 16th September.
Thank you for your support.
Mrs K Brown & Mrs J.Wheeler
Year 1 teaching staff
AFTER SCHOOL CLUB - Yr 4 / 5 Sewing Club with Mrs Bradley - Y4 Classroom
20 September 2021 3:20 pm - 4:15 pm
YR 4 / 5 SEWING
AFTER SCHOOL CLUB
Autumn Term (13 Weeks) 2021
Mrs Bradley will be running a Sewing Club for a 13 week block leading up to Christmas. There are enough spaces for 10 children from Yr 4 & 5. There is no charge for the club. If the course is oversubscribed then we may have to ‘draw the names from a hat’. Your child can join more than one club if they wish to do so, as long as the clubs fall on different evenings.
It is essential that if your child is not attending the club we are informed.
Please note: If a child misses 2 sessions without good reason then they will lose their place at the club.
The club takes place each week on MONDAY
This activity takes place in the Yr 4 Classroom.
It starts at 3:20pm. Finishes at 4:15pm.
Please note:- The Club commences on Monday 20th September 2021.
The last session is Monday 29th November 2021.
There will be no clubs week commencing Monday 25th October due to half term.