Gisburn Road Community Primary School
for ages 3 to 11
Request a tour
Come and see inside school
To kick off the week in true Halloween style, Monday will be ‘Halloween Hair’ day! Go wacky, spooky or crazy…
Wow look at Y3’s amazing volcanoes! We have all loved this geography topic! 😊 🌋
In loving memory
In memory of Mrs June Banks - Headteacher at Gisburn Road for 14 years until her retirement in July 2012 - who passed away this summer
Dear Parents / Carers, On the 6th February 2022, Her Majesty the Queen will have reigned for a record breaking 70 years. This will be her Platinum Jubilee, an event that has never been seen before in British or world history and is unlikely to be seen again. To commemorate this…
DROP OFF AND COLLECTION TIMES
2 September 2021 - 22 October 2021
DROP OFF AND COLLECTION
School will open the doors from 8.45am. This will allow for a steady intake of children. The official start of the school day is 8.55am. Please ensure your child is at school by this time. Children will return to the previous routine of making their own way in (Year 2 upwards). Please DO NOT allow your child to come to school earlier than 8.45am to wait on the yard unattended.
- Nursery will open their doors from 8.45am.
- Reception children can be dropped off, from 8.45am, at their classroom door where Mrs Heaton and Mrs Snowden will be ready to greet you.
- Year 1 children can be dropped off from 8.45am. In the Autumn and Spring Term parents may accompany your child to the classroom through the Infant building front doors. Mrs Brown and Mrs Wheeler will be ready to greet you.
- Year 2 children can be dropped off from 8.45am. They will enter the Junior Building via the MAIN OFFICE entrance. Mrs Martin and Mrs Mitchell will be ready to greet them.
- Year 3 children can be dropped off from 8.45am. They will enter school via their own classroom door on the side of the Junior Building. Staff will be at the door to greet them.
- Year 4 children can be dropped off from 8.45am. They will enter school via the side corridor we call ‘the tunnel’. (located beyond the Year 3 classroom door) For the first few days Mrs Bradley and Miss Pearson will guide the children in and then they can walk themselves in independently.
- Year 5 Children can be dropped off at 8.45am. They will enter the building via the side corridor near the kitchen (as with Year 4). Mrs Whittaker and Mrs Wood will be in the classroom waiting to greet the children.
- Year 6 children can be dropped off from 8.45am. They will enter the building via the MAIN OFFICE entrance.
Once the children are in school the staff will ensure handwashing takes place.
- Nursery class to be collected at 3:15pm. Please wait in the Nursery yard and the staff will bring your child out to you.
- Reception class will be collected at 3:20pm from the yard in front of the Infant building. The staff will bring the class out.
- Year 1 will finish at 3.25pm. They can be collected from the front yard in front of the Infant building and the staff will accompany them out.
- Year 2 will finish at 3.25pm. They can be collected on the bottom yard and the staff will accompany them out.
- Year 5will finish at 3.15pm and exit from the Dam Head Road exit near Val Kenyon Florist.
- Year 3, 4, & 6 will finish at 3.20pm. They can be collected on the bottom yard and the staff will accompany them out. ONLY Year 5 and 6 pupils will be permitted to walk home alone and we do require a letter to be signed by parents, annually, before this can happen.
SCHOOL CLOSES AT 3:25PM
22 October 2021
AFTER SCHOOL CLUB - Yr 3 / 4 BFC Multi-skills
22 October 2021 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm