Gisburn Road Community Primary School
for girls and boys aged 3 to 11
Book a tour
Come and see inside school
Preschool had some special visitors in school as part of our ‘Owl Babies’ topic. They were so well behaved and…
If anyone is shopping at Morrison’s we would be very grateful for your tokens. 🍆🥒🌶🌽🥕👩🌾 FREE gardening equipment for schools!…
Burnley Football Club have been working on a female bee mascot to join Bertie. They want to gather ideas from YOU and have provided the attached workbook. If you’d like to get involved please complete the workbook with your ideas and send back into school to Mrs Martin by Thursday 23rd September. If we…
Dear Parents/Carers, This Friday you will receive our first ‘Learning Talk’ from your child’s class via email or on paper. The idea of Learning Talk is to give you, as parents, a prompt for discussion about what your child has been learning in class that week. As…
DROP OFF AND COLLECTION TIMES
2 September 2021 - 22 October 2021
DROP OFF AND COLLECTION
School will open the doors from 8.45am. This will allow for a steady intake of children. The official start of the school day is 8.55am. Please ensure your child is at school by this time. Children will return to the previous routine of making their own way in (Year 2 upwards). Please DO NOT allow your child to come to school earlier than 8.45am to wait on the yard unattended.
- Nursery will open their doors from 8.45am.
- Reception children can be dropped off, from 8.45am, at their classroom door where Mrs Heaton and Mrs Snowden will be ready to greet you.
- Year 1 children can be dropped off from 8.45am. In the Autumn and Spring Term parents may accompany your child to the classroom through the Infant building front doors. Mrs Brown and Mrs Wheeler will be ready to greet you.
- Year 2 children can be dropped off from 8.45am. They will enter the Junior Building via the MAIN OFFICE entrance. Mrs Martin and Mrs Mitchell will be ready to greet them.
- Year 3 children can be dropped off from 8.45am. They will enter school via their own classroom door on the side of the Junior Building. Staff will be at the door to greet them.
- Year 4 children can be dropped off from 8.45am. They will enter school via the side corridor we call ‘the tunnel’. (located beyond the Year 3 classroom door) For the first few days Mrs Bradley and Miss Pearson will guide the children in and then they can walk themselves in independently.
- Year 5 Children can be dropped off at 8.45am. They will enter the building via the side corridor near the kitchen (as with Year 4). Mrs Whittaker and Mrs Wood will be in the classroom waiting to greet the children.
- Year 6 children can be dropped off from 8.45am. They will enter the building via the MAIN OFFICE entrance.
Once the children are in school the staff will ensure handwashing takes place.
- Nursery class to be collected at 3:15pm. Please wait in the Nursery yard and the staff will bring your child out to you.
- Reception class will be collected at 3:20pm from the yard in front of the Infant building. The staff will bring the class out.
- Year 1 will finish at 3.25pm. They can be collected from the front yard in front of the Infant building and the staff will accompany them out.
- Year 2 will finish at 3.25pm. They can be collected on the bottom yard and the staff will accompany them out.
- Year 5will finish at 3.15pm and exit from the Dam Head Road exit near Val Kenyon Florist.
- Year 3, 4, & 6 will finish at 3.20pm. They can be collected on the bottom yard and the staff will accompany them out. ONLY Year 5 and 6 pupils will be permitted to walk home alone and we do require a letter to be signed by parents, annually, before this can happen.
Mr Gilmour (Giz) in school to teach guitar/ukulele/singing lessons.
22 September 2021 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
AFTER SCHOOL CLUB - Home Learning Study Club with Mrs Whittaker - Yr3 / Yr4 / Yr5 / Yr6
22 September 2021 3:20 pm - 4:00 pm
KS2 HOME LEARNING / STUDY
AFTER SCHOOL CLUB
Autumn Term (13 Weeks) 2021
Mrs Whittaker will be running a home learning /study club for children wanting to complete their home learning at school or for anyone wanting extra help, access to
resources or the use of laptops and the internet for a 13 week block leading up to Christmas. There are enough spaces for 20 children from Key Stage 2 (Yr 3-6). There is no charge for the club. If the course is oversubscribed then we may have to ‘draw the names from a hat’. Your child can join more than one club if they wish to do so, as long as the clubs fall on different evenings.
It is essential that if your child is not attending the club we are informed.
Please note: If a child misses 2 sessions without good reason then they will lose their place at the club.
The club takes place each week on WEDNESDAY
This activity takes place in the Yr 5 Classroom.
It starts at 3:20pm. Finishes at 4:00pm.
Please note:- The Club commences on Wednesday 22nd September 2021.
The last session is Wednesday 1st December 2021.
There will be no clubs week commencing Monday 25th October due to half term.
Just Imagine Musical Theatre After School Club
22 September 2021 3:30 pm - 4:30 pm
Gisburn Road Primary School
‘Musical Theatre’ After School Club
by Just Imagine UK
Join us Wednesday’s from 3.30pm till 4.30pm for MusicalTheatre Workshops by Just Imagine UK. Classes incorporate a variety of skillsincluding Dance, Acting and Singing and will see the class learn a variety ofmusicals over the weeks to perform a showcase at the end of term! Classes areled by industry professionals and members of the Just Imagine performance teamwho currently tour the UK with interactive theatrical events. Musical Theatre isa great tool to promote and improve physical health, confidence, co-ordination,rhythm and teamwork along with the opportunity to learn new skills and express creativity!
Dates: Wednesday 15th September to Wednesday 20thOctober (6 Week Course at £5.00 per session)
Full payment of £30.00 is required no later than Tuesday 14th September please.Please note workshops are open to all year groups.
For more information please visit our website www.jiuk.co.uk or find us on Facebook@JustImagineUK