The health and wellbeing of our children, young people and families remains our highest priority. Thank you for your support in managing this during the pandemic.
This week a number of positive cases of Covid-19 have been reported to the school.
In light of this, we would like therefore to emphasise some key points to help us manage this with the aim of minimising any disruption to education.
- Notifying us as soon as possible if your child has had a positive Covid-19 test.
- Making sure if your child has symptoms of Covid-19 they isolate and book a test immediately, then follow the advice you’re given when you get the result.
- If your child has other symptoms or is not feeling well, (including headache, poorly tummy, sore throat) then stay away from school as you normally would if your child was unwell, and please also seek a PCR test.
When booking a test online you will need to If the result is positive your child will need to isolate. Follow the advice you’re given when you get the result.
- Continue with the routine twice weekly LFT testing at home. Anyone who has previously received a positive Covid-19 PCR test result should not be re-tested within 90 days of that test, unless they develop any new symptoms of Covid-19.
I have consulted with PHE and as we are close to an outbreak situation in Year 6, we are putting the following additional measures in place:
- Contacts to take on online PCR test- this would be all of the children in Year 6. Children do not need to self-isolate whilst waiting for their test result.
- Year 6 Parents will not be allowed on site for Parents evening for a face to face meeting with Mrs Toor. You can attend site to see other teachers.
We will of course continue with our enhanced cleaning, increased ventilation and regular hand cleaning before and after every lesson. Thank you for your continued support and understanding and if you have any questions about these measures, please contact the school office.